Enhancement Agreement with Youth Alberta: A Comprehensive Guide
Youth Alberta is an organization that has been advocating for the rights and interests of young people in Alberta since 1985. It is a well-established non-partisan, non-profit group that provides resources and opportunities for youth to become involved in their communities and to help shape public policy. One of the key ways in which Youth Alberta has achieved these goals is through its Enhancement Agreement with the Government of Alberta.
What is the Enhancement Agreement?
The Enhancement Agreement is a formal agreement between Youth Alberta and the Government of Alberta that outlines the goals and objectives of their partnership. It was first established in 1993 and has been renewed several times since then. The current agreement is in effect until March 2022.
The Enhancement Agreement outlines several key areas of collaboration between Youth Alberta and the Government of Alberta, including:
1. Youth Engagement and Participation: Youth Alberta works with the government to ensure that the voices of young people are heard and taken into consideration when decisions are made that affect their lives.
2. Youth Leadership Development: Youth Alberta offers professional development opportunities for young people to develop their leadership skills and become strong advocates for their communities.
3. Youth Policy Development: Youth Alberta works with the government to develop policies that reflect the unique needs and perspectives of young people in Alberta.
4. Youth Program Support: Youth Alberta provides support for a variety of youth programs, including after-school programs, summer camps, and leadership conferences.
Why is the Enhancement Agreement important?
The Enhancement Agreement is important because it recognizes the value of youth engagement and participation in the decision-making process. By working together, Youth Alberta and the Government of Alberta are able to create policies and programs that are meaningful and relevant to young people. This partnership also ensures that the needs of youth are being heard and addressed, which helps to build stronger and more resilient communities.
How can you get involved?
If you are a young person living in Alberta, there are several ways that you can get involved with Youth Alberta and help shape the future of your community. Here are some ideas:
1. Join Youth Alberta: As a member of Youth Alberta, you will have access to a variety of resources and opportunities to get involved in your community and advocate for the interests of young people.
2. Attend Youth Alberta events: Youth Alberta hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including leadership conferences and workshops. These events are a great way to meet other young people and learn more about issues that affect your community.
3. Volunteer with Youth Alberta: Youth Alberta relies on volunteers to help organize events, run programs, and advocate for the interests of young people. Volunteering is a great way to gain valuable experience and make a difference in your community.
4. Contact your local elected officials: Your elected officials need to hear from you. Contact your MLA or MP and let them know what issues are important to you as a young person in Alberta.
In conclusion, the Enhancement Agreement with Youth Alberta is an important partnership that helps to ensure that the voices of young people are heard and that their needs are being addressed. By getting involved with Youth Alberta, you can play an active role in shaping the future of your community and making a difference in the lives of others.